I love a great dress. Something easy to wear, something comfortable, something easy to move in, something with pockets! When I first saw the Pocketful of Posies Dress on Indiesew, I knew I wanted to stitch it up.
I had a little trouble finding a fabric I liked, but when I did, this was the result:
Oh my goodness! How fun! This dress is so much fun to wear. The pockets are perfection.
Just a few notes about it’s construction:
- The pattern pieces taped together easily. I cut a medium. I probably could have gone a size smaller, but I wasn’t sure. Except in the arms. The sleeves are just about right. Any smaller and I think they’d be too small.
- The instructions are easy to follow. I used my serger for most of the construction, but a beginner could do just as well with a stretch stitch on the sewing machine.
- I cut off about 4 inches in length. I’m short. I should have added a little length to the bottom band so I wouldn’t have gathers, but I was out of fabric. I used every single square inch I had.
- The neck line is low. Next time, I’ll raise it about 2 inches. To do that, I’ll have to modify the front, the pockets, and the side panels.
- The thick neck band didn’t work for me, so I removed mine and made it half the width.