Some Chapter Headings:
- Sewing equipment and fabrics
- Neckline finishes and collars
- The format! It is very easy to open this book to the contents and quickly identify the chapter I need.
- The great fitting section. There were lots of photos showing how and where to measure for 16 useful measurements.
- The great diagrams showing fit alternations on pattern tissue.
- The diagrams showing common “wrinkles” and how to adjust fit for each.
- 14 pages of hand stitches!
- Only one-The extensive list and descriptions of fabric has pictures, but they aren’t complete or labeled.
I refer to this book at least once a month. It has more information than I could ever list. In fact, it would be easier to list what’s not included than to tell you everything that is! So far, every time I’ve need information, I’ve found it here! I use the fitting chapters more than anything else!
This book has 20 projects throughout that use the techniques covered in each chapter. It also has a quilting chapter, but you should note that it consists of only 2 projects and no additional diagrams or explanations. The book also contains a 4 page glossary.
Would I buy it for myself? It’s the most used book on my shelf!
Would I buy it for a beginner sewer? Absolutely.
****note: I’m in the Amazon Affiliate Program. I will be monetarily compensated if you purchase through the link above. That said, I do truly love this book and my recommendation has nothing to do with this affiliate program.