Well, I’ve started my Christmas sewing. My 1st project? A fleece robe for my little man. And I’m using most of those tips I found last week.
- Because I cut my fleece without determining which side was which, I used that water test. And sure enough, the water soaks in quickly on one side and just rolls off the other. As this is a bath robe, I used the side that soaked in the water as the wrong (inside) side.
- I marked, marked, marked. I made sure that I marked the wrong side of every piece.
- I sat my stitch on 3.0 (is this in mm or what, I really don’t know).
- I used a size 14 ball point needle and it worked like a charm.
- I set my iron on the poly setting, but it was a little too warm. Thankfully, I was using a pressing cloth. After I turned it down to a little below half-way, it worked well.
I started with Simplicity 5874. I cut a size 3 because my 2-year-old LM is about 39.5 inches tall. I am using a bright red fleece that he picked out at Hancocks. And now, I am so frustrated! This robe is enormous!!!! The length is perfect, but I could wrap it around him twice. Sure, it is a robe, but come on!
Anyway, I have since started over. I have basically drawn my own robe pattern for him. I used what I liked about this Simplicity pattern, and what I liked about 2 other patterns I found. It fits better. It is still a little big, but at the rate he grows, it may just fit perfectly by Christmas! I will probably grab a picture soon and then put the robe away. He will forget about it by the time he opens it Christmas morning.
And one more thing–I also finished a Thomas pillowcase to go with his robe!