On another really hot Friday, we loaded up for another road trip. Actually, this one was an overnight trip.
We scored a really cheap 4-star hotel room and headed to Dallas on a Thursday night. After dinner and shopping at IKEA, we camped out in the hotel and rested up for our hot, hot, hot day at the zoo.
If you go:
- Eat at the cafe in the African Savannah (with the lions!).
- Scope out the gorillas from the air-conditioned observation/education center.
- Feed the giraffes! The observation deck is at eye level with these beauties!
- Walk through the aviary! The birds were up close and personal, building nests and calling out.
- Bring your own drinks. (We saw lots of parents with wagons, waterbottles, and picnic spots. You might call to double check the rules, but it looks like this was allowed.)